Veuillez noter : Pendant la pandémie de COVID, les services et événements réguliers fournis par les organismes peuvent être modifiés, voire supprimés. D'autre part, de nombreuses agences offrent des services virtuels, ce qui rend l'accès aux services plus facile qu'auparavant. Veuillez consulter la page Web de l'organisme ou l'appeler directement (les sites Web peuvent être obsolètes).
Nom de l'événement
Date et l'heure
Lieu de la conférence
Description de l'évenementMost people considering suicide share their distress and their intent. Training can help us see and respond to these invitations for help. It can give you the confidence to ask about suicide if you are concerned about someone’s safely. It can provide you with the tools to help prevent the immediate risk of suicide. It can give you the confidence to ask about suicide if you are concerned about someone’s safely. It can provide you with the tools to help prevent the immediate risk of suicide.
ASIST is a two-day, interactive workshop that prepares caregivers to provide suicide life-assisting, first-aid intervention. Small group discussions and skills practice are based on adult learning principles. ASIST teaches Pathways for Assisting Life (PAL), a practical guide to doing suicide interventions. Powerful videos support learning.
Who Can Attend?
All caregivers, formally designated or not; adults and youth 16 plus.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be better able to:
• Identify people who have thoughts of suicide.
• Understand how beliefs and attitudes can affect suicide interventions.
• Understand a person at risk’s story about suicide as well as recognize turning points that connect the person to life.
• Conduct a safety assessment and develop a plan that will keep the person at risk safe-for-now.
• Confirm the person at risk’s faith in the safe plan and their intent to follow it through.
Cost: $250; $200 for students.
Please follow the link to register online.